Friday, February 4, 2022

Texas Public Policy Foundation Fights for Families in New initiative

 I love a good fight; especially one of an underdog story.  I always harken back to Ted Cruz's initial U.S. Senate run when he had 2% name identification in the polls and he managed to get then Lt. Governor David Dewhurst into a freaking runoff.  Good times.  Anyway, back to a good fight.  The fight for liberty never stops, and though I've most recently taken a bit of a back seat in that fight due to personal reasons, the desire for the little guy aka 'we the people' to be victorious has not been extinguished, and I imagine it never will be.  The problem with politics as a whole, is that there is a cult of personalities involved, which is something I used to thrive on, but it's exhausting and has left me battle weary.

So, if you see me writing and posting in obscure places, that's primarily why; I can do it on my own terms without fighting others for attention or for accolades because I don't need those anymore.  I feel like a lone wolf, a lone warrior, which I rather enjoy.  I know it takes a village to defeat the opposing ideas and policies, whether you want to defeat liberal ideologies and office holders or those on the right, but right now this is all I have the energy for.  Gossip and the questions of 'what have you heard about so and so', I just don't have time for it anymore.

Now that I've cleared that up a bit, I want to turn your attention to the efforts that are being made by Texas Public Policy Foundation (TPPF) on behalf of parents and families of the great state of Texas.  They're launching what they're calling a Right for Families campaign and from what I've read, it's an effort that I can get behind.  TPPF has seen the heartache that CPS can inflict on families and they're working to curb that with their initiative.  Here's a link to their press release.

        “The relationship between a parent and child is one of the most unique and important institutions in history,” said Andrew Brown, Distinguished Senior Fellow of Child & Family Policy. “Right for Families exists to protect and advance the institution of the family because healthy, strong Texas families are essential for a healthy, strong Texas.”

Here are the highlights of the initiative:

  • Reform Foster Care Licensing and Regulation
  • Expand Community-Based Care
  • Require a Guilty Verdict Before Listing Individuals in the Central Registry
  • Expand Service Options for Families
  • End Hidden Foster Care
  • Reform CPS Reporting Laws
  • Define Best Interest of a Child
  • Grant Adoptees Access to Original Birth Certificates
  • Assess the Impact of Unaccompanied Migrant Children in Foster Care
  • Protect Children from Gender Modification
I'm forever interested in protecting parental rights and I have been since the beginning of my political involvement.  Anything that anyone can do to try and reform the multi-headed beast that is Child Protective Services has my vote and my support.  This is more than rhetoric from a candidate trying to get elected, and I hope you'll either donate funds or find out how you can help to further this effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment