Friday, January 28, 2022

What War On Drugs?


Nancy Regan is probably rolling over in her grave right now.  I grew up in the era of the dawn of the 'Just Say No' campaign to end drug abuse along with the start of the D.A.R.E initiative.  Nancy Reagan was at the forefront of this effort as many first ladies have pet projects to appear philanthropic with our money at their disposal.  Now, I'm not saying that the war on drugs wasn't a worthy initiative by any means, but my goodness, instead of celebrating how far we've come, we're now saying how far we've fallen.


How far we've fallen from the ideals of the 1980's Reagan era.  Either that or I'm an adult now and I've been jaded by the results or the lack of results we've seen over the years from government programs and initiatives.  It makes me sick at my stomach to think of all of the billions of dollars we've wasted on all of these things, but I digress.  We're living in ironic times, in my opinion and this is not the dawn of irony by any means, but things like what I'm writing about perpetuate the irony.  Like the article I saw come across my inbox this morning.


According to Texas Public Policy Foundation (TPPF), San Francisco has a new 'triage center' for addicts to help them become clean also allows drug use on site.  Say what?  Irony of all ironies.  You absolutely cannot make this stuff up.  You can read the article in it's entirety here so I won't spoil it for you, but these are the outcomes of liberal office holders being elected and the results of the policies they put in place.  When you read the article, you'll see that there are two stories being told, one of drug use allowed on site and one of drug use NOT being allowed. So, which is it?  


Then they do what typical liberals do, first say that it's a center for homeless people and then they say that it's set up only for servicing a certain neighborhood.  Well, as the article points out, if you're homeless, you're generally not in one particular neighborhood.  I mean...it's ridiculous.  The idea that left-wing policies and office holders are for the working-class people or for the average joe is ridiculous and they prove it over and over again.  Nobody is watching, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment